Roads, Footpaths & Street Lighting

Report a Fault

Residents should in the first instance report faults and defects on the public highway via the Herts Direct website . The website has a section called “Tell Us” which is where customers and residents can report a variety of issues to several departments. Here you need to follow: Report – Highway Faults which takes you directly to the pages where you can log any fault from street lights to potholes to fly-tipping etc. You can create an account as a “citizen user” which will keep your details alongside any report you make and send you email updates as it progresses through the system.